McAfee Transforms Security Operations With Launch of Industry First Proactive XDR for Endpoint, Cloud and Network
Cloud-native MVISION XDR offers unprecedented, industry-leading actionable intelligence to manage attack lifecycles before and after an attack leveraging endpoint, network and third party telemetry
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210127006070/en/
McAfee MVISION XDR (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Organizations can no longer afford ineffective disparate threat and response tools and context,” said
“Security teams are struggling to replace reactive, manual and time-consuming investigation processes to combat more sophisticated and more frequent attacks – all while trying to decrease the cost and complexity of overall management,” said
Gartner, Inc., leading research and advisory firm2 states, “XDR offerings are a natural evolution of endpoint detection and response (EDR) platforms, which have become a primary incident response tool for security teams. The primary value propositions of an XDR product are to improve security operations productivity and enhance detection and response capabilities by including more security components into a unified whole that offers multiple streams of telemetry, presenting options for multiple forms of detection and concurrently enabling multiple methods of response.”
With MVISION XDR now available, McAfee is directly improving the SOC experience. By granting analysts greater control and a more comprehensive view of threat context beyond the endpoint, they can save time and act more deliberately with a better understanding of threats – before they occur or incur damage. MVISION XDR provides:
- Proactive and Actionable Intelligence: The included MVISION Insights helps to proactively prioritize threats, implement countermeasures and prescribe the right actions to be taken.
- AI-Guided Investigations: Simplify investigations across sophisticated threat campaigns with AI-guided investigations, MITRE ATT&CK mapping and real-time hunting.
- Cloud threat integration: Provides context for web activity and a more comprehensive overview of an attack, including improving visibility of any additional vectors of access or command of control.
- Network telemetry prioritization: Offers a better understanding of network threats by automatically correlating with curated threats for improved prioritization and determination of counter measures to take.
- SOC Infrastructure Optimization: Maximize return on SOC investment by integrating with existing SOC Infrastructure like ticketing systems and Secure Orchestration Automation Response (SOAR) tools for more efficient automation and faster mitigation.
McAfee MVISION XDR is available now. For more information, visit McAfee MVISION XDR.
Enterprise Strategy Group, “The Impact of XDR in the Modern SOC,” November 2020
2 Gartner, Innovation Insight for Extended Detection and Response,
Peter Firstbrook, Craig Lawson, 19 March 2020
- What Is Extended Detection and Response (XDR)?
- The Road to XDR
McAfee Media Contact